« Home | Owl parade » | Private intermediate scrapbook class - travel album » | 38 things we love about you » | One thing that scares me in : August » | Artsy Girl Getaway - the beginning » | The art of living » | A month to play, a month to learn - THE ALBUM » | Stamping with ease » | The Happiness Project that made me happy. » | Thankful notes every day »

Playing with crackle medium


Today is the first day of 
Eid long holiday which we spent
at home -resting and playing-
and I finally find the time
to play with this crackle medium
I bought from my last trip to Sing,
in one of paint supply shop there.


 The instruction said :
1.Basecoat surface, let dry.
2.Apply medium, let dry.
3.Apply contrasting topcoat color.
Topcoat must be applied for
cracking to occur.
Cracking shows when paint dries.

So, I try two different choices :
Red on yellow
(base is light color)
And yellow on red
(base is dark color)

Let's see which one is better.

Just when I finished putting red
as a base, Adam came like Pooh
attracted to honey,
"Mom, can I join you to paint?"

So, I gladly declare him officially
to be my assistant for the demo.


Then I put on the crackle medium
after I speed up the drying process
with heat gun.
And all the photos below
are shoot by my 6yo assistant.
Isn't he amazing or what?


Speed up the drying process 
once again using heat gun,
then apply the topcoat.
I found that a sheer amount of paint
for the topcoat, is better.

 
After they dried completely,
the red-based are look like these:

and the yellow-based look like these:

These are the result...
compared to each other.
Which one do you like better?
I go with the yellow-based.

Fun. fun. fun.
I am thinking blue on white,
purple on yellow,
and Sage green on pink.
Yum.

Hope you find some free times
to play too, 
despite the laundry and dishes
waiting to be done today.LOL.
And here is my lovely assistant,
having much fun,
and almost sit on my last night's
projects...*phiuh....

 

Bye for now.
I'll take my assistant 
for a bubble bath.

This comment has been removed by the author.

so fun! i got to play with paint too on these days of rarity.
Btw, yes the red on yellow looks astonishing. love it.

Dearest Ria, Thanks for the fresh idea always!! Looks really yummyy...i can smell it from here..LOL
Adam...ooh you're really adorable...mom so lucky to have you!! >.*

Post a Comment

About me

  • I am a woman who fell in love with papers and words long enough before with boys. Therefore, scrapbooking, writing, reading, and art journaling are just things that complete me. I live happily in Bandung, Indonesia, with my husband, Audy Kusnadjaja, and 2 adorable kids adore me. Isn't life sweet?
My profile

About this home

Be careful while going inside my home here. Your clothes may gets stain if you happen to walk by my still wet canvas, or stumbled upon our piles of books everywhere, and come out with a scrap paper sticking to your shoes. But I promise you, you'll enjoy the time spending here. Tea or coffee?
  • The beginning
  • Last preparation
  • Artsy Girl's scrapper bag
  • Artsy Girl's mini album
  • Back to school
  • You rock!
  • Doilies for memories
  • Becoming an artist
  • Scrap my heart away
  • Too much of good things
  • Yellow sometimes
  • Double pages
  • Some layouts
  • Don't reinvent the wheel
  • Tips for dividing scrap time
  • Back to school album
  • Christmas album 2009
  • A month to play, a month to learn
  • 'Life happens' album
  • My girl's b'day album
  • Recycling the baby book
  • My boy's b'day album
  • About stranger
  • Make something every day
  • 2009 Art journals - bounded
  • Art journals - begin
  • 2009 Daily Journal
  • 2008 Daily Journal
  • Cracked
  • Parade
  • Hierarchy
  • Fleeting
  • Legendary
  • Time
  • Voices
  • Balloon
  • Wise
  • Repair
  • String
  • First painting
  • Life of two girls-treasure box
  • Box of memories
  • Making your own embellishment
  • A month to play and learn
  • Art journal album cover
  • Week in The Life - 2011
  • Week in The Life - 2010
  • Week in The Life - 2009
  • Week in The Life - 2008
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the layouts - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class-group 1 - click here
  • To see the class-group 2 - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the Jkt's class - click here
  • To see the Bdg's class - click here

  • The story - click here

  • The story - click here

  • See inside - click here

  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • Other article - click here
  • My Artist Papers

  • Wings in The Cage - series
  • Where is it ? - click here
  • New place - click here
  • Eat&Eat Kelapa Gading
  • Eat&Eat - part 2
  • Kartika Sari-kebon jukut
  • Warung Talaga-PVJ
  • Sagoo restaurant Bogor
  • Eat&Eat 2 - Gandaria City
  • Goela Merah - foodcourt
  • Ba-koel - foodcourt
  • MariSini - food stall
  • Eat&Eat 3 - Surabaya
  • Warung Talaga Ciwalk - new place
  • Wajan restaurant
  • Warung Talaga - Serpong
  • Eat&Eat 4 - Serpong
  • Lekker Bekker
  • Previous posts