« Home | Stamping with ease » | The Happiness Project that made me happy. » | Thankful notes every day » | Doilies for the memories. » | Fasting month is coming fast. » | Eat & Eat 2 - at Gandaria City mall. » | One thing that scares me in : July » | Sagoo restaurant - Bogor » | Kind over matter » | -Do and Don't- from Hongkong with love. »

A month to play, a month to learn - THE ALBUM


Getting an album done
is pretty much like getting 
recovered from flu.
(I literally just recovered
from a bad flu eventually)

You did all things you knew 
to get done with this flu a.k.a
this album,like drink a lot,
sleep a lot, eat vit.C, stay out
from the kids, and no cold drinks.
For this album, I dug a lot
of my stash of word stickers, 
rummaged a lot through my 
almost-used-up Thickers
for the number of each day,
like these...
(oh, I love this part!)


and of course,
drink a lot, and stay out 
from the kids a lot
also help to finish the album.
*grins


For the album cover....
I was so glad to find some title,
(for the words PLAY and LEARN,
which are the key words here)
furtively buried in my treasure
for oh-help-me-God I don't know
how long.

Then the other things
just serendipitously fall into place.

Inside the album were pretty much
done when the month's ended
because we filled it every day.
I already reported about it here.
So all I had to do
was sticking all the 31 pics
and the numbers for the day.


I am grateful,
Oh, dear Lord,
for these recorded gratitudes


for these lessons learned


for these stories recorded


for the simple happiness


and for the treasured moments 
caught by camera


I am grateful.
For the whole month of play & learn.
For a gratifying journey
to record what is really matters.


And looking at the finished album,
just the same feeling inside
after you get recovered from flu.


Blissful.



awesome memoir. scrapbook as is. your discipline alone is inspiring.

i agree with Colette.. i can't say a SINGLE word.. am just too stoned looking at your album..

sosoh... itu gambar yang tanggal 29, ijo... sekali liat langsung tau itu teh tulisan sosoh... soalnya huruf G-nya dave tiru hehe, beuh itu teh jaman SMP kalo ga salah hehe...

tetep berkarya yah! *_^

-dave-

great idea!! hebaattt...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I am a woman who fell in love with papers and words long enough before with boys. Therefore, scrapbooking, writing, reading, and art journaling are just things that complete me. I live happily in Bandung, Indonesia, with my husband, Audy Kusnadjaja, and 2 adorable kids adore me. Isn't life sweet?
My profile

About this home

Be careful while going inside my home here. Your clothes may gets stain if you happen to walk by my still wet canvas, or stumbled upon our piles of books everywhere, and come out with a scrap paper sticking to your shoes. But I promise you, you'll enjoy the time spending here. Tea or coffee?
  • The beginning
  • Last preparation
  • Artsy Girl's scrapper bag
  • Artsy Girl's mini album
  • Back to school
  • You rock!
  • Doilies for memories
  • Becoming an artist
  • Scrap my heart away
  • Too much of good things
  • Yellow sometimes
  • Double pages
  • Some layouts
  • Don't reinvent the wheel
  • Tips for dividing scrap time
  • Back to school album
  • Christmas album 2009
  • A month to play, a month to learn
  • 'Life happens' album
  • My girl's b'day album
  • Recycling the baby book
  • My boy's b'day album
  • About stranger
  • Make something every day
  • 2009 Art journals - bounded
  • Art journals - begin
  • 2009 Daily Journal
  • 2008 Daily Journal
  • Cracked
  • Parade
  • Hierarchy
  • Fleeting
  • Legendary
  • Time
  • Voices
  • Balloon
  • Wise
  • Repair
  • String
  • First painting
  • Life of two girls-treasure box
  • Box of memories
  • Making your own embellishment
  • A month to play and learn
  • Art journal album cover
  • Week in The Life - 2011
  • Week in The Life - 2010
  • Week in The Life - 2009
  • Week in The Life - 2008
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the layouts - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class-group 1 - click here
  • To see the class-group 2 - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the Jkt's class - click here
  • To see the Bdg's class - click here

  • The story - click here

  • The story - click here

  • See inside - click here

  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • Other article - click here
  • My Artist Papers

  • Wings in The Cage - series
  • Where is it ? - click here
  • New place - click here
  • Eat&Eat Kelapa Gading
  • Eat&Eat - part 2
  • Kartika Sari-kebon jukut
  • Warung Talaga-PVJ
  • Sagoo restaurant Bogor
  • Eat&Eat 2 - Gandaria City
  • Goela Merah - foodcourt
  • Ba-koel - foodcourt
  • MariSini - food stall
  • Eat&Eat 3 - Surabaya
  • Warung Talaga Ciwalk - new place
  • Wajan restaurant
  • Warung Talaga - Serpong
  • Eat&Eat 4 - Serpong
  • Lekker Bekker
  • Previous posts