« Home | Our journey classroom - travel+origami album - gro... » | This June. » | Invitation for Indonesian scrapbooker's gathering » | One thing that scares me on : MAY » | Girls' weekend. » | Making your own embellishment » | last night's report » | The photos are here. » | The week is over, the album begins. » | Photos of the day - day seven »

Our Journey - The travel+origami album


Finally.
The second group of this class
already brought home
the album happily today
so I can posting the complete album
that I personally had very much fun
in the process of making and sharing it.


First of all....
To answer the questions
that may confused
some of the scrappers
in my classes or out,

YES.
I am not afraid to use ribbons, fabric,
clothes, yarns, twills, brochures,
and other ephemera that I much love
which I didn't get
at any scrapbook store.
While I have no written evidence that
those kind of things
are acid free or not,

NO.
I am not afraid,
since I knew HOW
to make them become acid free
and I shared the secret
in my classes to you all.

YES.
When I owned a scrapbook store
sometimes ago in the past,
the arrays of acid free pre-made
products are the only things
that I was offering to the scrappers,
because I was bound to sell
the products fast.
Later in my life,
I found that those bounds
was killing me softly
(yes, like the song)
so, I said to myself,

NO.
I am NOT going to limit
my brain and my life
to use only pre-made products
without thinking outside the box.

YES.
When I can successfully make a leap
in my brain like now,
I encourage all the scrappers
to think beyond the products too.
They certainly make our life
easier and prettier,
but if we can't have them all,
our stories and projects
will still be
important, amazing and long lasting.

*cheers!


Here is the album of
combining scrapbooking and origami,
which have four double pages
fulled with surprises
and pop up in every corner.
Are you ready?


When opening page one,
you will see this window
pop in front of your eyes:


This is page two.
You will find the hidden tabs
to store more of your pics,
or you can use it for some
hidden journaling if there is any.

You will find a stitch pocket
to store all your picked up brochure,
tickets, maps, anything.
And surprise the reader with this origami :


Fun, eh?
That's not all.
Open page three and you can find
this harmonica tabs to be filled
with more photos and journaling
on both sides.


Last but not least.
Page four will make you
instantly wanna touch the
woven tosca fabric
to feel the rich textures.
And the second origami
to closed the album with style.

There.

Hope you enjoy the tour inside.

A little note of the trips,
I chose four trips to the same place,
Singapore,
with all different angles of places
and different groups
of friends and family.
Singapore always has a special spot
in my heart for traveling,
since I first fall in love with
the scrapbook stores and classes there.


Thank you for being here today.
DO come back tomorrow,
cause I will surprise you with the
FIRST GIVE AWAY of the blog-verssary of mine!

See you soon!


suka suka suka...
blom ngerti banget ttg scrapbooking, tapi serius mbak, dirimu benar-benar membuka mata lebih lebuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr....*tak terbayangkan betapa belo'nya mata ina sekarang kan...huahahahaha*

Love this so so much ci!! very very pretty... too bad i missed the class.. hiks...

keren abis deh albumnya.....

oh you broke my heart. because singapore was also the one i would bring up if only i had the schedule agree on me to attend this class. it's the place i fell in love with, felt like home with,..
oh, painful, painful..

Post a Comment

About me

  • I am a woman who fell in love with papers and words long enough before with boys. Therefore, scrapbooking, writing, reading, and art journaling are just things that complete me. I live happily in Bandung, Indonesia, with my husband, Audy Kusnadjaja, and 2 adorable kids adore me. Isn't life sweet?
My profile

About this home

Be careful while going inside my home here. Your clothes may gets stain if you happen to walk by my still wet canvas, or stumbled upon our piles of books everywhere, and come out with a scrap paper sticking to your shoes. But I promise you, you'll enjoy the time spending here. Tea or coffee?
  • The beginning
  • Last preparation
  • Artsy Girl's scrapper bag
  • Artsy Girl's mini album
  • Back to school
  • You rock!
  • Doilies for memories
  • Becoming an artist
  • Scrap my heart away
  • Too much of good things
  • Yellow sometimes
  • Double pages
  • Some layouts
  • Don't reinvent the wheel
  • Tips for dividing scrap time
  • Back to school album
  • Christmas album 2009
  • A month to play, a month to learn
  • 'Life happens' album
  • My girl's b'day album
  • Recycling the baby book
  • My boy's b'day album
  • About stranger
  • Make something every day
  • 2009 Art journals - bounded
  • Art journals - begin
  • 2009 Daily Journal
  • 2008 Daily Journal
  • Cracked
  • Parade
  • Hierarchy
  • Fleeting
  • Legendary
  • Time
  • Voices
  • Balloon
  • Wise
  • Repair
  • String
  • First painting
  • Life of two girls-treasure box
  • Box of memories
  • Making your own embellishment
  • A month to play and learn
  • Art journal album cover
  • Week in The Life - 2011
  • Week in The Life - 2010
  • Week in The Life - 2009
  • Week in The Life - 2008
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the layouts - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class-group 1 - click here
  • To see the class-group 2 - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the Jkt's class - click here
  • To see the Bdg's class - click here

  • The story - click here

  • The story - click here

  • See inside - click here

  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • Other article - click here
  • My Artist Papers

  • Wings in The Cage - series
  • Where is it ? - click here
  • New place - click here
  • Eat&Eat Kelapa Gading
  • Eat&Eat - part 2
  • Kartika Sari-kebon jukut
  • Warung Talaga-PVJ
  • Sagoo restaurant Bogor
  • Eat&Eat 2 - Gandaria City
  • Goela Merah - foodcourt
  • Ba-koel - foodcourt
  • MariSini - food stall
  • Eat&Eat 3 - Surabaya
  • Warung Talaga Ciwalk - new place
  • Wajan restaurant
  • Warung Talaga - Serpong
  • Eat&Eat 4 - Serpong
  • Lekker Bekker
  • Previous posts