« Home | last night's report » | The photos are here. » | The week is over, the album begins. » | Photos of the day - day seven » | Photos of the day - day six » | Photos of the day - day five » | Photos of the day - day four » | Photos of the day - day three » | Photos of the day - day two » | Photos of the day - day one »

Making your own embellishment


You can get inspiration
from everywhere,right?

Right.

Well, in my case,
since my world is continuously
circling around ribbon, yarn, thread.....
my inspirations are continuously
starting from those.

Here, I bought a roll of ribbon
months ago,before my exhibition.
When you see it as only
a pretty lacy ribbon,
I cut it and see it like this.


A bird?
Oh, you are good.
Yeeees, a bird.
Let's make something with this bird!


I pull out my
swear-until-death-do-us-part
Gel Medium Matt
(sometimes I used Talens,
sometimes Amsterdam)
which is my secret recipes
to attach anything.
And I mean ANYTHING.

So, go....
attach as many birds
as your heart desire to the
pattern papers using that gel medium,
and you'll have a clear, cute, crisp
bunch of birds like these in no time.


What do you think?


Next step, you need to prepare :
pattern papers, some lace, Stazon,
tags, and black pen
(mine is uni-ball Signo broad-1.0-
I love it...whenever I find these,
I'll grab them for stock
in my full hand.)


Tadaaaa......
the bird finally have a home.


Don't forget to slip a foam tape
or glue dot behind the bird,
to add an 'umph' factor.
(I just made up that word, I know)


Stick it to your next journal
or mini album, then add your tittle...
Voila,
consider yourself done.

See?
making your own embellishment
is good for your hand, your pocket,
and your album.

Brilliant! LoVe your work! **blows kisses** Deb

love it, love it, love it!
Ah, pulpennya samaaaa...! *seneng*

Wahhhh...cantiknyaa..(Upin Ipin) *O*

hihihii i bought it in ur store, and already attached it in my layoutt..:p hihihiii.. now i know where it comes from! loveee it sooo muchh mba riaa!:D

keren.. keren... :P

this came out so cute!

very clever they look great

Very nice, thanks Ria!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I am a woman who fell in love with papers and words long enough before with boys. Therefore, scrapbooking, writing, reading, and art journaling are just things that complete me. I live happily in Bandung, Indonesia, with my husband, Audy Kusnadjaja, and 2 adorable kids adore me. Isn't life sweet?
My profile

About this home

Be careful while going inside my home here. Your clothes may gets stain if you happen to walk by my still wet canvas, or stumbled upon our piles of books everywhere, and come out with a scrap paper sticking to your shoes. But I promise you, you'll enjoy the time spending here. Tea or coffee?
  • The beginning
  • Last preparation
  • Artsy Girl's scrapper bag
  • Artsy Girl's mini album
  • Back to school
  • You rock!
  • Doilies for memories
  • Becoming an artist
  • Scrap my heart away
  • Too much of good things
  • Yellow sometimes
  • Double pages
  • Some layouts
  • Don't reinvent the wheel
  • Tips for dividing scrap time
  • Back to school album
  • Christmas album 2009
  • A month to play, a month to learn
  • 'Life happens' album
  • My girl's b'day album
  • Recycling the baby book
  • My boy's b'day album
  • About stranger
  • Make something every day
  • 2009 Art journals - bounded
  • Art journals - begin
  • 2009 Daily Journal
  • 2008 Daily Journal
  • Cracked
  • Parade
  • Hierarchy
  • Fleeting
  • Legendary
  • Time
  • Voices
  • Balloon
  • Wise
  • Repair
  • String
  • First painting
  • Life of two girls-treasure box
  • Box of memories
  • Making your own embellishment
  • A month to play and learn
  • Art journal album cover
  • Week in The Life - 2011
  • Week in The Life - 2010
  • Week in The Life - 2009
  • Week in The Life - 2008
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the layouts - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class-group 1 - click here
  • To see the class-group 2 - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the Jkt's class - click here
  • To see the Bdg's class - click here

  • The story - click here

  • The story - click here

  • See inside - click here

  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • Other article - click here
  • My Artist Papers

  • Wings in The Cage - series
  • Where is it ? - click here
  • New place - click here
  • Eat&Eat Kelapa Gading
  • Eat&Eat - part 2
  • Kartika Sari-kebon jukut
  • Warung Talaga-PVJ
  • Sagoo restaurant Bogor
  • Eat&Eat 2 - Gandaria City
  • Goela Merah - foodcourt
  • Ba-koel - foodcourt
  • MariSini - food stall
  • Eat&Eat 3 - Surabaya
  • Warung Talaga Ciwalk - new place
  • Wajan restaurant
  • Warung Talaga - Serpong
  • Eat&Eat 4 - Serpong
  • Lekker Bekker
  • Previous posts