« Home | Rainbow Troops/ Laskar Pelangi » | String - Illustration Friday » | A project is done » | My soul takes wings » | Must Read Book for October » | That will do » | Eat and Eat part 2 » | Documenting a week in your life - by Ali Edwards » | Last night chat » | Another wedding on 14th Sept »

Documenting a week in our life



In dwelling, live close to the ground.
In thinking, keep it to the simple.
In conflict, be fair and generous.
In governing, don't try to control.
In work, do what you enjoy.
In family life, be completely present.

Tao Te Ching

The most difficult one to do, I should say, is the last sentence. We are here, everyday, but sometimes (or lots of times), we are not be present here. We are at somewhere else.



So this project, to -Document a week in our life- is seems to be perfect tool to be present in my family life. Although then I am not 'be present' again lots of time for two weeks when I tried to finish this album 'as fast as I could'. But very glad it's finished.


Put here to be enjoyed, for a looong time.


The cover. I used 3mm acrylic, and a quote about normal day that I love so much from Ali's blog, which represent the essence of this everyday stories album.


These are the beginning of each day layout (day 1- day 7), behind each of these pages are still four or five pages for all the activities we did each day. In total, my album has 35 pages, or 70 layouts. To make it doable in fastest time frame, I made the format as simple as I can, I just need to embellish some pages that hold my favorites pictures of the day more than the other, usually by making the picture bigger will do just what I need.

So this is more of the inside of each day :

I really enjoyed the couple last days that I spent to embellish the album, as I found many of my old rub ons ( like the title 'rock star' and 'dude' that I kept since I don't know when but yet don't find any page that go with it, and yet didn't want to throw it away, and now, voila! They found perfect home in this album.) and also many more old small sticker that will go out of style in the big layout, but then, here, it become a very nice and appropriate things.
Some of the pattern paper is still blank, that will be the place to write more of the journaling later this week.

If you want to ask about the material or technique or else, about this album, just hit the comment button. I'll be back soon.

wow! what an album! love it..love it.. so nice n cool.. Oooh i want to have one, can i ? U really do a great work, bu! Have u posted to Ali? I bet she's also going to love it ;). Im thinking of creating one someday, on d nxt meeting maybe?

Ria, This is fabulous. I'm guessing you will have lots of visits today since it was posted by Ali. I am saving your post in PDF format so I can have it as a reference for future ideas. You do absolutely beautiful work and I love your photos! Have a fantastic day.

I just saw your project on Ali! This is wonderful! I also used the october calendar page from Real Simple!! Very nice work!

WOW! Your album turned out GREAT! I LOVE the size, and the colors! It's stunning!

found you through Ali Edwards... and I must say that I LOVE your album formula for the week in the life and it came out beautiful!

I found you through Ali Edwards. Love your album!! Did you make your own pages or was this an album you purchased?

Ria..what a great album..i like the fact that you used a poem to explain your album..you did a beautiful job..i know how it is to be in the NOW(present) with family. Thanks for sharing your awesome job...Liann M.

just beautiful. what a treasure. thank you for sharing this.

peace --
Molly

what a great book. Yours immediately caught my eye over others. I love the unique zize. Great work. I am enjoying it a lot and will be back to your blog.

I love what you did with this project. Thanks for sharing!

love it! definitely stood out on Ali's blog. question about your acrylic album. . . did you put the grommets and binding tape on it yourself or did it come like that? If so, did you use the crop a dile? I never thought that would penetrate acrylic and now you have me wondering.

This quotation should be known by everyone. Also the idea of the week's documentation seems great since it will be probably the first week in everyone's lives that will be trully organized and taken to the full :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I am a woman who fell in love with papers and words long enough before with boys. Therefore, scrapbooking, writing, reading, and art journaling are just things that complete me. I live happily in Bandung, Indonesia, with my husband, Audy Kusnadjaja, and 2 adorable kids adore me. Isn't life sweet?
My profile

About this home

Be careful while going inside my home here. Your clothes may gets stain if you happen to walk by my still wet canvas, or stumbled upon our piles of books everywhere, and come out with a scrap paper sticking to your shoes. But I promise you, you'll enjoy the time spending here. Tea or coffee?
  • The beginning
  • Last preparation
  • Artsy Girl's scrapper bag
  • Artsy Girl's mini album
  • Back to school
  • You rock!
  • Doilies for memories
  • Becoming an artist
  • Scrap my heart away
  • Too much of good things
  • Yellow sometimes
  • Double pages
  • Some layouts
  • Don't reinvent the wheel
  • Tips for dividing scrap time
  • Back to school album
  • Christmas album 2009
  • A month to play, a month to learn
  • 'Life happens' album
  • My girl's b'day album
  • Recycling the baby book
  • My boy's b'day album
  • About stranger
  • Make something every day
  • 2009 Art journals - bounded
  • Art journals - begin
  • 2009 Daily Journal
  • 2008 Daily Journal
  • Cracked
  • Parade
  • Hierarchy
  • Fleeting
  • Legendary
  • Time
  • Voices
  • Balloon
  • Wise
  • Repair
  • String
  • First painting
  • Life of two girls-treasure box
  • Box of memories
  • Making your own embellishment
  • A month to play and learn
  • Art journal album cover
  • Week in The Life - 2011
  • Week in The Life - 2010
  • Week in The Life - 2009
  • Week in The Life - 2008
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the layouts - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class-group 1 - click here
  • To see the class-group 2 - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the Jkt's class - click here
  • To see the Bdg's class - click here

  • The story - click here

  • The story - click here

  • See inside - click here

  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • Other article - click here
  • My Artist Papers

  • Wings in The Cage - series
  • Where is it ? - click here
  • New place - click here
  • Eat&Eat Kelapa Gading
  • Eat&Eat - part 2
  • Kartika Sari-kebon jukut
  • Warung Talaga-PVJ
  • Sagoo restaurant Bogor
  • Eat&Eat 2 - Gandaria City
  • Goela Merah - foodcourt
  • Ba-koel - foodcourt
  • MariSini - food stall
  • Eat&Eat 3 - Surabaya
  • Warung Talaga Ciwalk - new place
  • Wajan restaurant
  • Warung Talaga - Serpong
  • Eat&Eat 4 - Serpong
  • Lekker Bekker
  • Previous posts