« Home | About a stranger » | LIFE ARTIST - the finished album » | LIFE ARTIST - the class room - March 6th 2010 » | I see orange everywhere...... » | One thing that scares me in : FEBRUARY » | Recycling your fabric baby books » | My next class :Canvas Album! » | I believe in roses » | A good book » | The magic carpet has landed. »

Scrap my heart away into 12x12 again

It has been such a long time since the last time I did my own 12x12 layouts. Three months? Gosh. Not much time left between classes, rushing to prepare another sample, making me so glad I have these couple free days to scrap my heart away, back to my 12x12. and 6 layouts in a day, not bad, eh?

layout one




layout two




layout three




layout four




layout five



layout six

And let me tell you the secrets to scrap six layouts in a day..........
  • Number one rule, of course, have all your photos printed. How on earth can you scrap in speed if after you scrapped two layouts, you run out of photos like a car run out of gas?
  • Pick a tone of colors that you'll scrap on a day. Here I chose turquoise, green, blue, brown and little bit orange.
  • Therefore I only pull out papers and embellishment in that tone. Limit my own option consciously meaning more time to scrap. And that's a good thing.
  • You will have another colors/tone for another day, I promise. And no, the layout will not look the same, cause I will put them in separate album according to the arrangement (Adam's album, Dea's album, Kids' album, Family's album).....And I bet you now say, aaaahhh.........no stress added,eh?
  • I used out the same embellishment in the package like this Crate Paper chipboard :
and also the same Thickers for title :

And the same tiny alphas from Making Memories :
  • And can you point out another 'same technique' for all these six layouts? Beside the colors and the embellishment that i pointed out earlier..........Aaah.......I knew you are such a clever scrapper. :).......Yes.....I used the same strategy for my photos. I only use one big photo (4R), and add a bunch of smaller photos (2R) to tell the story. I add pop up for the big photos, and crop the smaller ones to squares if I get not enough space to fit them all...That's it! Small secret, but REALLY save my time so much! Trust me on this one. I am not going back and forth between scrapping single photo to a bunch of photos to three of 4R photos sketch, which are all I love, but again, you can have other sketch for other days.
  • For all the layouts I used my EVERYDAY photos. I found it quite distracting if you make one everyday layout and next page you want to jump out to birthday layout or another special occasion layout. The mood would change, and it cost you more time.
  • And the last secret is, you know there is no secret, cause you all already knew these for a long time...all you need is consciously keep that in mind while you scrap, and you'll finish up more precious work....I promise.
See you in another scrapping time, then!

Ahaaa..!! Great tips & tricks..., I'll try it one day... :D

great layouts love all the little elements to look at and thanks for the tips

Wow Ri, beautiful as usual!! and very impressive..souu many pages!! Whoohooo..=D

simply gorgeous! Your work is absolutely stunning!

You are slowly becoming the source of my inspiration. It's always nice to visit your site from time to time to 'steal' your ideas. Hope you don't mind...

Such an inspiration!!!
It looks so simple but I just learnt scrapbooking..
wonder if you can suggest any cheap material for nice designs to suit college students' budget!
and is there any basic things to learn for beginners?
Maybe using newspaper and other recyclable material?
I <3 your blog so much! hope to see more layouts more often..

all you need is consciously keep that in mind while you scrap, and you'll finish up more precious work....I promise.

Mb Riaaa, its very difficult to constantly remember to put one color tone in a work. i love to put everything once. and finally it was making everything messed up. wkwkkwkw

Post a Comment

About me

  • I am a woman who fell in love with papers and words long enough before with boys. Therefore, scrapbooking, writing, reading, and art journaling are just things that complete me. I live happily in Bandung, Indonesia, with my husband, Audy Kusnadjaja, and 2 adorable kids adore me. Isn't life sweet?
My profile

About this home

Be careful while going inside my home here. Your clothes may gets stain if you happen to walk by my still wet canvas, or stumbled upon our piles of books everywhere, and come out with a scrap paper sticking to your shoes. But I promise you, you'll enjoy the time spending here. Tea or coffee?
  • The beginning
  • Last preparation
  • Artsy Girl's scrapper bag
  • Artsy Girl's mini album
  • Back to school
  • You rock!
  • Doilies for memories
  • Becoming an artist
  • Scrap my heart away
  • Too much of good things
  • Yellow sometimes
  • Double pages
  • Some layouts
  • Don't reinvent the wheel
  • Tips for dividing scrap time
  • Back to school album
  • Christmas album 2009
  • A month to play, a month to learn
  • 'Life happens' album
  • My girl's b'day album
  • Recycling the baby book
  • My boy's b'day album
  • About stranger
  • Make something every day
  • 2009 Art journals - bounded
  • Art journals - begin
  • 2009 Daily Journal
  • 2008 Daily Journal
  • Cracked
  • Parade
  • Hierarchy
  • Fleeting
  • Legendary
  • Time
  • Voices
  • Balloon
  • Wise
  • Repair
  • String
  • First painting
  • Life of two girls-treasure box
  • Box of memories
  • Making your own embellishment
  • A month to play and learn
  • Art journal album cover
  • Week in The Life - 2011
  • Week in The Life - 2010
  • Week in The Life - 2009
  • Week in The Life - 2008
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the layouts - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class-group 1 - click here
  • To see the class-group 2 - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the Jkt's class - click here
  • To see the Bdg's class - click here

  • The story - click here

  • The story - click here

  • See inside - click here

  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • Other article - click here
  • My Artist Papers

  • Wings in The Cage - series
  • Where is it ? - click here
  • New place - click here
  • Eat&Eat Kelapa Gading
  • Eat&Eat - part 2
  • Kartika Sari-kebon jukut
  • Warung Talaga-PVJ
  • Sagoo restaurant Bogor
  • Eat&Eat 2 - Gandaria City
  • Goela Merah - foodcourt
  • Ba-koel - foodcourt
  • MariSini - food stall
  • Eat&Eat 3 - Surabaya
  • Warung Talaga Ciwalk - new place
  • Wajan restaurant
  • Warung Talaga - Serpong
  • Eat&Eat 4 - Serpong
  • Lekker Bekker
  • Previous posts