It has been such a long time since the last time I did my own 12x12 layouts. Three months? Gosh. Not much time left between classes, rushing to prepare another sample, making me so glad I have these couple free days to scrap my heart away, back to my 12x12. and 6 layouts in a day, not bad, eh?
And let me tell you the secrets to scrap six layouts in a day..........
- Number one rule, of course, have all your photos printed. How on earth can you scrap in speed if after you scrapped two layouts, you run out of photos like a car run out of gas?
- Pick a tone of colors that you'll scrap on a day. Here I chose turquoise, green, blue, brown and little bit orange.
- Therefore I only pull out papers and embellishment in that tone. Limit my own option consciously meaning more time to scrap. And that's a good thing.
- You will have another colors/tone for another day, I promise. And no, the layout will not look the same, cause I will put them in separate album according to the arrangement (Adam's album, Dea's album, Kids' album, Family's album).....And I bet you now say, aaaahhh.........no stress added,eh?
- I used out the same embellishment in the package like this Crate Paper chipboard :
and also the same Thickers for title :
And the same tiny alphas from Making Memories :
- And can you point out another 'same technique' for all these six layouts? Beside the colors and the embellishment that i pointed out earlier..........Aaah.......I knew you are such a clever scrapper. :).......Yes.....I used the same strategy for my photos. I only use one big photo (4R), and add a bunch of smaller photos (2R) to tell the story. I add pop up for the big photos, and crop the smaller ones to squares if I get not enough space to fit them all...That's it! Small secret, but REALLY save my time so much! Trust me on this one. I am not going back and forth between scrapping single photo to a bunch of photos to three of 4R photos sketch, which are all I love, but again, you can have other sketch for other days.
- For all the layouts I used my EVERYDAY photos. I found it quite distracting if you make one everyday layout and next page you want to jump out to birthday layout or another special occasion layout. The mood would change, and it cost you more time.
- And the last secret is, you know there is no secret, cause you all already knew these for a long time...all you need is consciously keep that in mind while you scrap, and you'll finish up more precious work....I promise.
See you in another scrapping time, then!