« Home | My next class :Canvas Album! » | I believe in roses » | A good book » | The magic carpet has landed. » | When you feel the love is in the air...... » | I miss my old living room » | Canvases for my next class » | Make Something Everyday » | Love in scraps of fabrics » | A heartwarming gift »

Recycling your fabric baby books

Reduce...Reuse...Recycle......
We hear that slogan everywhere every time now days, right? But, no....I am not trying to force in the idea into scrapbook that much, since I know myself is still far away behind on the effort of 'the green steps'. Just try to take baby steps....and hopefully you can get something here and start use somethings from your home too.

Do you want to make a fabric album, like mine above, from your fabric baby books that probably lying on your shelf right now at home?

As an avid reader, and a mom who love to collects children books......I have many fabric baby books.....already give away some of them to friends with their babies who need them more than my kids that already grown up.....I still found this on my library couple weeks before.
I found two of them....(Well....I tend to stock any cute things, just in case I need an instant gift...hah.....)
So, before I know what to put inside or my theme for the album just yet.....I just painted all the pages with white acrylic paint. And I didn't do it on one sitting time. I just painted two pages and let it dry over night, came back in the morning, flipped over, painted again, left it on the table until I got back from work at noon, flipped over, and painted again before I hit the shower.
Just like that. A bunch of ten minutes (maybe less) will be enough.
And in a few days, they are ready to scrap into an album. I left the black and white border untouched since I think it is waaay too cute and will add character to the album. This is the time when I got the idea to make this for Adam's album. I want to gather random pics of Adam before he hits number six this year. Recycling baby books to remind you of how sweet your baby was.....I think will be a treasure to keep......
Soooo.......
Let's begin......
Since they are fabric books....I put the advantage of fabric characteristic to a good use. I sew them together and make it into one album. Then, I sew added pages from other materials to bring more texture to it, like this transparencies,
And then some canvas pages too......
And one bingo card in the middle....
I made the cover on the other day..........using chipboard and sewing a die cut truck on it while I watched Martha Steward's show...and it full already! Wow, that's fast! That's why I love mini album....LOL....
And got very excited to see a bundle of pages ready to be filled in.....
Still.....before I put the pictures in, I embellished the album with thread and pompoms (A girl has to do what a girl love to do, right?)
And noooow.......it's time to pull out some pictures.........
And you know.....the result of too much reading Ali Edwards' blog is to get infected by her love for her square punch (in a good way, of course...). I bought my square punch long time ago, and put a good test to it by punching many left over photos...but I haven't use that photos much...until now....the size of the mini album is just perfect for these 5x5cm pics.....wohooo......talking about blessing in disguise......I have them ready to stick!
And then.....after had so much fun sticking boy's embellishment without even thinking too hard.......
Tadaaaaa.......
This is the finished album.........
I love the result. The idea of recycled it from baby books, the simplicity of the materials that I already had in hand, and the fun colors it has in the end.
I surely will Keep This with much love.

lucuuuuuuu bangettttttttttttt :) love it so much.....

PARFAIT!!! PERFECT!!! Love this...

My goodness Ria... oh it's so darn cute. Love the colors, the embellies... but most of all the photos! I definitely have to make one of these out of Darrel's baby book....errr... once I learn how to sew :)

so lovely!....one day i want learn this way from u!...

That is an ingenious idea, just really out of the box & very creative! I love it!

A book is not just a book if you did it :) It becomes more special and unique! Cooooool

Wah TOP banget nih idenya...albumnya bekas mainan Adam which make it more memorable....and da step by step nya lagi..wuiihh siip2!! =D

Post a Comment

About me

  • I am a woman who fell in love with papers and words long enough before with boys. Therefore, scrapbooking, writing, reading, and art journaling are just things that complete me. I live happily in Bandung, Indonesia, with my husband, Audy Kusnadjaja, and 2 adorable kids adore me. Isn't life sweet?
My profile

About this home

Be careful while going inside my home here. Your clothes may gets stain if you happen to walk by my still wet canvas, or stumbled upon our piles of books everywhere, and come out with a scrap paper sticking to your shoes. But I promise you, you'll enjoy the time spending here. Tea or coffee?
  • The beginning
  • Last preparation
  • Artsy Girl's scrapper bag
  • Artsy Girl's mini album
  • Back to school
  • You rock!
  • Doilies for memories
  • Becoming an artist
  • Scrap my heart away
  • Too much of good things
  • Yellow sometimes
  • Double pages
  • Some layouts
  • Don't reinvent the wheel
  • Tips for dividing scrap time
  • Back to school album
  • Christmas album 2009
  • A month to play, a month to learn
  • 'Life happens' album
  • My girl's b'day album
  • Recycling the baby book
  • My boy's b'day album
  • About stranger
  • Make something every day
  • 2009 Art journals - bounded
  • Art journals - begin
  • 2009 Daily Journal
  • 2008 Daily Journal
  • Cracked
  • Parade
  • Hierarchy
  • Fleeting
  • Legendary
  • Time
  • Voices
  • Balloon
  • Wise
  • Repair
  • String
  • First painting
  • Life of two girls-treasure box
  • Box of memories
  • Making your own embellishment
  • A month to play and learn
  • Art journal album cover
  • Week in The Life - 2011
  • Week in The Life - 2010
  • Week in The Life - 2009
  • Week in The Life - 2008
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the layouts - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class-group 1 - click here
  • To see the class-group 2 - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the class - click here
  • To see the album - click here
  • To see the Jkt's class - click here
  • To see the Bdg's class - click here

  • The story - click here

  • The story - click here

  • See inside - click here

  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • See inside - click here
  • Other article - click here
  • My Artist Papers

  • Wings in The Cage - series
  • Where is it ? - click here
  • New place - click here
  • Eat&Eat Kelapa Gading
  • Eat&Eat - part 2
  • Kartika Sari-kebon jukut
  • Warung Talaga-PVJ
  • Sagoo restaurant Bogor
  • Eat&Eat 2 - Gandaria City
  • Goela Merah - foodcourt
  • Ba-koel - foodcourt
  • MariSini - food stall
  • Eat&Eat 3 - Surabaya
  • Warung Talaga Ciwalk - new place
  • Wajan restaurant
  • Warung Talaga - Serpong
  • Eat&Eat 4 - Serpong
  • Lekker Bekker
  • Previous posts