As a follower of this project by Ali Edwards two years in a row, (first time I did in by myself, last year I did it with eight of my scrapbooking buddies) I admit, this year I want to spread the project a little bit further to as many as Indonesian scrapbookers, since this past year they are growing rapidly and doing many fantastic scraps by their own.
In that matter, when I found out Ali would be doing it this year on Ap 19th-25th, while I still crazy juggling with my exhibition and one class in hand that time I found out (only about a week before), I said to myself, no way I can spread the news in proper ways if I forced myself and them to join the project in Ali's time spread. So, to make it clear to you, this is not a match or anything close, I am a follower of Ali's project, but to spread the news in Indonesia longer, I decide to choose other time spread : May 8th-14th. And I believe the essence of this precious project will still be the same.
Right now, I had almost 30 people signed up(scrapbookers and non scrapbookers) in my list which will be included in one thread on facebook during the time and will do this together.
And if you just hear the phrase 'week in the life' today, or missed my presentation of it in my last class, you may need to read this :
What is WEEK IN THE LIFE?
This is NOT :
- A class - therefore there are will be no kits, no tutorial(only guidances and references), no teacher, no students.
- A burden - this is an invitation for you to enjoy your life and record it. Not a burden that you HAVE TO take your camera everywhere during the week(unless you want it to). Some people will have hundreds pics from a day, while others only have ten or fifth teen, but if that fifth teen are good enough and tell the story of your life clearly, they might be better than the hundreds.
- A competition - you record your life while your friends record their life. We are all winners in our own life when we do this recording-precious-moments things. We may do some gathering after we set the time limit for doing the album, say one month from the time spread, but just to see how others are doing with the recording and the album.
This IS :
- An inspiration - to slow down, to really be there for a while, to seep in the experiences. This is only a week, you can absolutely continue it for the whole year (and call it the 'project 365').
- A self project - that we do together in the same time with a bunch of friends.
- A self recording journey - so there will be photographs that you will have to take, and of course there will be YOU inside your photographs therefore you have to hand over your camera to someone else once in a while, or get to know how to use your timer in your camera. And one more thing, you have to take notes in doing your recording. Just like a reporter. Snap the pictures, and write down the details. Do the journaling while you are in it. It's hard to remember the details after a few days, and it's impossible (at least for me) to do the journaling later after the week is over.
If you are interested in joining this and want to be include in the thread, you still have time. If you want the detail of what you should prepare and do before, during and after the week, give me your email and I'll send you the presentation. Stay close to get more info and I'll will be happy if you send me a link in your blog or fb that shows how your preparation and progress too!
Have a nice weekend!